CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CANCER FREE!!!

This is definitely the post I have been waiting to make. I met with my Dr. today and he gave me a high five and said, "you are cured." He made sure to say this is not just remission but this is cured and he feels like I will never have to deal with this again. I even get to take the port out. Follow up will be blood work every 4 months and a cat scan every 6 months. After five years then it will go to a yearly check up.

I am really sorry that I have been so bad about posting. But, it has kind of been a no news is good news situation. All of the chemo visits were really the same and rather uninteresting. The part that really surprised me was how well my body held up through it all. Except for a short bit of flu right after I started I really have not been sick at all. Well besides the normal side effects of chemo. Now that I have a clean bill of health it is time to clean out my system and get myself back in shape. I have about 15 lbs that I need to take care of.

If I haven't said it enough. Thank you for all of the love, prayers and support. I know that is what got us through this so smoothly.

5 comments:

Leah said...

YEAH!!!! I am screaming from my roof! I am so glad you are good and free! Congratulations!!!!

Mitchell4 said...

WOOO HOOO! We are doing the happy dance over here. Hugs all around. Thanks for the fantastic news. Don't worry to much about the 15 pounds. You look great!!

Corri said...

YEAH!!! Fantastic, fantastic news!!

MissManda-Mae said...

so glad to hear the cancer is gone. I have been thinking about your family and wondering what was going on.... so so so glad to hear!!!! we love you guys!!

Katrina said...

Eleasa had told me your good news. That is great! What a blessing.