CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Good News

I met with the oncologist today. The bone-marrow came back perfect, mugga was good, the Pet scan looks like I am at a stage 2. I have some cancer on both sides of my neck and in the upper part of my chest. All and all really good stuff.

The best news is he said the 8 courses of chemo is out the window. He thinks we are going to go with 4 courses (possibly 6) and some radiation. I like the sound of cutting my chemo treatments in half.

I am scheduled for chemo on September 9th and 23rd and the next Dr on the 23rd to see if the doses are right.

He did forget a test. I have to get a Pulmonary Function Test. I guess one of the Chemo drugs can do damage to lung function so they want a base line.
Burke

1 comments:

Kira =] said...

good luck! from what I hear the 10th day after chemo is the worst.