CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Our life outside of cancer......

Although the main focus for our family right now is getting Burke healthy, believe it or not we have a lot of other things going on too.
Burke has gotten HotShots on a really good track with the help of our amazing staff. We are so incredibly thankful for them especially at this time when Burke is not able to be there all the time. He can actually take time off and not feel like the business is going to go under. They have stepped up BIG TIME in the last month. So if you all are reading this THANK YOU for making at least this part of our life a little easier.
But for the most part you all know what is going on with Burke.

Aden is in second grade(I swear he was just born yesterday). I just had a conference with his teacher and she said he is a joy to have in class. He learns very quickly, and doesn't have to be told twice when learning new concepts. He is very positive in class, and is always happy to do what he is asked to do, but...........he talks too much! You would not believe how much this boy can talk. He wants to know everything, or he knows everything and is going to tell you about it. He has recently become an expert on Hodgkins Lymphoma! He is a REALLY good diver and we recently signed him up for the local swim team, he is pretty excited about that. He thinks Michael Phelps is the coolest.
E.J. is in preschool 5 days a week this year, and on to Kindegarten next year. She Looooves school. She is so social and has reports of what she and all of the other kids in her class are doing everyday. She is Daddy's little princess. On the days he has a surgery or is not feeling well she loves nothing more than to climb into bed with Burke and watch TV, or get him some water, or make him some tomato soup with Mamma. She is his own personal little nurse, and she is in heaven. She starts dance class on Monday and is so excited to be in a class with two of her friends from church. Her latest hobby has become painting. I will sometimes get between 5-10 paintings in a day. My fridge is FULL!
And then theres me! Before we found out about Burkes cancer, I was a foster Mom for the local animal shelter. I have had 3 pregnant Mama dogs, and helped them through birth. We keep the dogs at our house until the babies are 6 weeks old and ready for adoption. We have also fostered a few young dogs that just needed to get out of the shelter for a while. All in all, we have had around 40 dogs through our house in the last 6 months. I will definitely pick this back up when Burke is healthy again, but for now we need to keep our house as sanitary as possible. I will hopefully be starting an online course, and getting my associates as a veterinary technician soon. For the most part right now I am just doing the best job in the world and being a mom. Oh Yeah! We are going to Disneyworld in October so I have that to obsess about. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. Burke thinks I might have a little OCD when it comes to Disney. What can I say it's the happiest place on earth! AND we get to bring my niece Makaila this year, which makes us all Sooo happy! I have some awesome friends here in Dothan that are so helpful when it comes to all that we are going through. I still have the same best friends from home that I had 15 years ago +1 and they are my sounding board for when just need to vent. Family is Numero Uno in my life, and I am so thankful for My parents and Burkes parents, and our brothers and sisters. I am very blessed for all of the amazing people that have been put in my life, and for the way I was raised. Sometimes you just dig your heels in and bulldoze your way through whatever life throws at you. I am realizing I get that from my mom. Thank You for all of the love and support!
SJB

1 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

It sounds like your place is hopping and keeping busy. I had no idea about Burke's cancer. We hope and pray for a speedy recovery and love hearing about the recent good news.

Good luck with the vet tech online course. You'll do great. The kids sound like they are having a blast. I know that it's gotta be hard when Dad is feeling under the weather. I realize you have tons of family and friends around but if you need anything please don't hestitate to call. I'm available up until Oct. 8th. Then Baby #2 should be making his appearance. I'm thrilled that your up and blogging. I'll check in later.